Hope everyone filed your income tax return and did you link your Aadhaar with PAN Card? Not yet? The government has made it compulsory to link. Just do it as soon as possible otherwise, they will not process your income tax return. There is a deadline for making this linking process and if you didn’t do that, then your tax returns will not be processed by the tax department.
Here are the steps to link your Aadhaar card with PAN card:
- Just log on to the income tax e-filing website
- Click on the “Link Aadhaar” and visit that page
- Fill in your Aadhaar number & PAN number
- Fill in the details as provided in your card
- Enter the captcha code and just click on ‘Link Aadhaar’
- After the verification, your Aadhar card will get linked with PAN card
- Make sure that your gender and date of birth should be same on both cards
And if you find any mismatch in the details provided on your card, an OTP will be generated and sent to your registered mobile number, and then it’s done. If there is a huge mismatch, then you need to make the changes in any one of the cards. It can be done even through SMS and it is again a very simple process.
Benefit of linking Aadhar card with PAN card: For Individuals
- It helps in tax filing
- And it helps to curb the black money
- It helps in getting pension through the Employees’ Provident Fund
- It helps to get LPG subsidies and to avail the benefit of the social schemes
- The government wants to change everything as digitalized
Benefit of linking Aadhar card with PAN card: For the government
- Through this Aadhar and PAN card linking, there is a less chance for an individual to have more than one PAN card
- It helps the Income Tax Department for detecting tax evasion
- Easy organization of income tax returns
- It helps to avoid cancellation of the PAN card
- This provides summarized tax details with a unique identification number and this can be used by the government for future reference
These are the steps taken by the government in achieving economic growth in our country. This is why linking the PAN card with Aadhar card is really important. If you do this linking, the government can cut down the cash circulation and help the economy to get stronger. Help the government to eliminate the black money by linking your Aadhar card with PAN card!
How will home buyers get benefited in Income tax filing?
As you know, there is a benefit for the home buyers when they are filing their Income tax return. This is because buying a home will help you to lower your tax bill and it will cut down your interest and property tax portions of your mortgage payment.
Buying a home obviously benefits you and it’s a good time to buy a flat in Chennai. Considering all these in mind, book your dream home and avail all these benefits now!